Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break

Last week was Ethan's spring break and even though we have a ton to do to prepare for our move to Vegas, we also wanted to have fun with Trey and do something we haven't done yet in Albuquerque. Ethan and I don't really consider ourselves outdoors people. Don't get me wrong we like certain outdoors activities like going to the beach, swimming, watching outdoor sports and so on. What we don't really like is hiking, rock climbing, camping, bugs, and dirt! So for those reasons we haven't been to the mountains here in Albuquerque and I would have been fine never going if it weren't for Trey. He is an outdoors, get dirty, rock loving kind of boy. I knew he would love going to the mountains so we hopped in the car and made the drive to the Sandia Peak. He loved every second of it. He got to play in snow for the first time since both times we were in Utah this winter there was no snow! While Ethan was running from bugs and I was watching for bears (there were warning signs I swear) and trying not to get dirty, Trey was climbing tree stumps, collecting rocks, jumping in snow, and running through trees. Yes our boy loves the outdoors and I'll do my best to let him have as many experiences as possible even if I have to get dirty! Here are some pics of our adventures. Oh and his hair is crazy because he fell asleep in the car on the way there which made it look kind of funky, plus he needs another cut.

Trey trying to push me away so he can go back to the rocks he was climbing


His two favorite things: rocks and climbing


The view

intrigued by the snow

loving life

Chillin on top of a tree stump

No comments: